Coin de l'entraîneur de tir / Marksmanship's coach's corner
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-45%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
WHIRLPOOL OWFC3C26X – Lave-vaisselle pose libre 14 couverts – ...
339 € 622 €
Voir le deal

Faire en sorte que les autres se sentent importants

Faire en sorte que les autres se sentent importants Empty Faire en sorte que les autres se sentent importants

Message  David Dupuis Jeu 3 Fév 2011 - 22:56

Bonjour à tous,

Voici un autre petit article intéressant issu de la "newsletter" de Lanny Bassham:

Most of us are performance coaches in one way or another. Maybe we are a professional coach, leader in business, a parent or a mentor. This is a short excerpt out of the Performance Coaching Audio CDs.

Coaching Guideline #8 - Consciously Try To Make Other People Feel Important

It is critical to building self-image. If you want to be a great performance coach, not just a good one, a great one, you have to be focused on building the Self-Image of your students. This characteristic of success is used by individuals like Coach John Wooden, UCLA Basketball coach who won 10 National Championships in 12 years. If you talk to players that played for Coach Wooden, they will say things like "he made me feel like the most important person in the world when I played for him".

There are coaches that are famous for being the players coach, and most of the time the reason is because they are respected by the individuals they are with because they made them feel important and that is so critical. Most of the people I work with are elite performers, people on the PGA tour, people making millions of dollars a year, Olympic athletes that are competing in the Olympic games or National Champions. These people need to be treated as champions. If that's true, then why can't we treat everybody like that? We also work with a lot of people who will never be national champion, that's not their goal, but our job as a performance coach is to help them reach their next step. The way we do that is to help them feel important. To make them feel that our time with them is important. Even if you don't have a lot of time to spend on the phone with a student you can still make them feel important. Preface what you say with "look, I have five minutes and then I have to go to a class to teach but for the next five minutes, I will to give you my undivided attention, how can I help you?" Those five minutes can then be very, very powerful.

Take the time to make your students, employees, children, family members and friends feel important. Pay attention to how making others feel important makes an impact on your self-image too.

A few helpful Coach John Wooden quotes:

"Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out."

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

"You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."

"Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character."

"A coach is someone who can give correction without causing resentment."

"Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be."

"Consider the rights of others before your own feelings, and the feelings of others before your own rights."

"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful."

Bonne lecture!
David

David Dupuis

http://www.cadets242granby.com

Revenir en haut Aller en bas